0.5.0 TEST 3 linux 64

You have tested TA3D, share your experience /
Vous avez testé TA3D, venez partager votre expérience
nzadlithium

0.5.0 TEST 3 linux 64

Post by nzadlithium » Fri May 16, 2008 11:26 am

Easy to update just extract over top :)

From playing 2nd level

1) metal + energy numbers still jump all over the place when out of one of them.

2) water effects are great. specially the ripples. The waves look cool too but they look like a whole lot of straight waves that are just at different angles.

3) 2nd level works now. It lets u play it instead of just saying i won.

4) hammers don't show up in kbot build list. They do work if you start a match with them but you jsut cant build anymore.

5) units still move when i set them to hold position. (they wander off after enemies as if i didnt tell them to stay still)

6) unit graphics disappear inside hills when they are on them.

7) capturing seems to work good now. It takes about the same time to capture a solar collector as to build one.

i tried a random level so i could try dragons teeth.
they still wont build. The construction unit looks like its constructing it but if u ask another unit to help then the cursor wont change when you put over so u cant tell it to help build. When the construction unit seems to have finished building it it just dissappears.

my friend is still interested in windows version i think but he said he will 'download later'

loving TA3d
thank you so much for all the time and effort your putting in. Also since multiplayer is working I would like to have a match with you guys sometime. I suck so you don't need to worry about getting beaten (unless its small map where im insane at the swarm the enemy base technique :p )

What time zone you guys in? I'll find out a time that will hopefully be good for us all.

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Fri May 16, 2008 12:29 pm

Thanks for your reply :) I`m GMT +3.

We can gather on IRC channel #ta3d on irc.etigris.com and play :) Or just set up time right here and play :)

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Fri May 16, 2008 12:59 pm

I'm in GMT +2

Currently we didn't manage to finish an online game, but the more we try the sooner we'll be able to really play :D. We already fixed many bugs that prevented to play online, now it should work much better :wink: .

PS: sounds like we'll need a dedicated forum for online games :D
=>;-D Penguin Powered

nzadlithium

Post by nzadlithium » Sat May 17, 2008 10:57 am

Hmm. Time zones are difficult. We are 9 to 10 hours apart :s I am at gmt +12

I can play anytime between 8:00am - 9:00 pm next weekend i think. So if i take 3 hours off my time (time to actually play :) ) I end up with match can start anytime between 8:00am till 6:00 pm my time.

For zuzuf that would be between 10:00pm till 8:00am i think.
For Balthazar that would be between 11:00pm - 9:00am?

So pretty much only time we could play together is early in morning you guys time otherwise either me or you guys would be playing late at night. (when i should be sleeping. I'm assuming you guys like sleep too :p ).

From that i think during those times we are on same days. Therefore if you still want to play against me it would probably have to be either saturday or sunday your time early in morning :S I don't blame you if you dont want to get up early.

What do you guys think?

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Sat May 17, 2008 12:25 pm

during the week end I don't wake up before 12 noon, but I go to bed very late (1 or 2 am, sometimes later), except on saturday since I work on monday :D
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sat May 17, 2008 4:03 pm

Just be in IRC and we`ll find timr to play :)

nzadlithium

Post by nzadlithium » Sat May 17, 2008 8:42 pm

I'll have to setup an irc client unless ubuntu has one by default (I don't think pidgin will work? I dunno). I can't do today coz im going out like all day on a boat :) But I'll try tonight when i get back maybe.

nzadlithium

Post by nzadlithium » Sat May 17, 2008 8:47 pm

Ah it seems pidgin will work. Setting up now