ta3d-0-4-2-TEST-2

You have tested TA3D, share your experience /
Vous avez testé TA3D, venez partager votre expérience
mr_kyle

ta3d-0-4-2-TEST-2

Post by mr_kyle » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:47 am

well no problem on the compile so i guess that is good. The installation script still did not install all the files needed to run the
game in the target specified by ./configure --prefix=$YOURCHOICE. A marked improvement in the ai was noticed (which still needs a little work, like aircraft that shoot backward while they fly away and also cannot strafe to avoid being shot down). Another improvement i noticed was that when an aircraft flys off the map the screen does not flicker, tear and jerk around, although selecting a unit and pressing the "T" key does not always track a unit. I also noticed that the game menu in options does not specify wether or not the game continues when the the commander dies and now defaults to continue the game when the commander dies. All in all i would say there has been some improvement in this release and i am confident that eventually ta3d with work can become as good as or better than the original game. keep up the good work guys!

:wink:

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:25 am

Thanks !!

just a few points:
_currently it doesn't install any thing to --prefix=..., because directory structure needs more work and the game isn't ready for this at the moment

_the "commander death" behavior is set with the selected script, default.lua end the game on commander death whereas annihilation.lua doesn't and defense.lua spawns units randomly to kill your commander and ends the game when it dies. This isn't obvious when you look at the screen so we'll have to improve it :)

Thanks for reporting!
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:06 am

It`s strange, but with totala1.hpi, totala2.hpi ccdata.ccx and rev31.gp3 i`ve got green color of font in ta3d.

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:34 am

oO green fonts !! huh that's not normal, is text green everywhere ?
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:00 am

i`m testing whole thing right now, will post full feedback soon

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:40 am

Well, time to write down some things :)

Waves are fixed!!! Yay!!!
Planes behaviuor much better!!!

Gameplay part

When selected, radar jammers should drawn red circles on minimap.

Big Bertha can`t stop rotating before making a shot. I suppose this is the bug, which cause sometimes strange shooting in wrong direction.

D-Gun doesn`t destroys the green trees - just burn them up.

Whould be nice if underwater buildings footprints was drawn correctly when you chosing a place to start building.

AI miss metal deposit when building metal extractors. It build extractors a little to the north so it only covers 10% of metal deposit.

Pathfinding part

Underwater pathfinding looks perfect, but levels independence seems not works, commander can`t walk under the ship yet.

Units don`t know when to stop moving (when moving to the factory gathering point they start to walk in circles forever and ever).

Units often stucks in trees. More often in burned ones, than in green dunno why.

Other bugs

All font is green everywhere!! It doesn`t matters what resource files are used - only totala1.hpi or whole set. What DOES affect font color is bits per pixel. If I set 16 - then font is green, if I set 32 - then normal. Sometimes "m" letter is missed everywhere in the game (till restart). See screenshot.

Game halts after 2 min of playing when shaders set to extreme (Also - can`t see the difference between ultra high and extreme ATIx1600).

There are errors in console - can`t find key arm_xxxx.activate or arm_xxxx.deactivate and xxxx.activate or xxxx.deactivate

Strange bug with particles. See screenshot. Looks like some error in randomise of particles position function, sometime they just appears EVERYWHERE on screen. But it happens only during current build process. The next one may be normal.
Last edited by Balthazar on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:31 pm

Thurther testing on water maps:

- construction vechicles can`t assist in nanolathing sea factories, they can only when ordered to guard them. Mouse pointer should switch to "assist" one.

- ships can`t have more than 2 weapons at the same time, so most of ships have only 2 weapons of 3 by default. The third weapon seems inactive and on ship model drawn with "fire model" and doesn`t move.

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:03 pm

hm, interesting

I didn't change anything to waves ...

water quality:
*ultra high is shader set to maximum quality but without map/units/weapons/particles reflections

*extreme = ultra high + everything reflected on water

(you can try typing "water quality n" in the console to see the difference in game)

can't find key *** means the TA3D_Audio module can't find a sound to play, it happens very often, and this behavior is normal (maybe I should disable console output for it).

For level independence: is that a good thing ? it's complicated because you need to know if a unit can go that deep and if the unit above (if any) doesn't prevent it from passing ... more tests and a performance loss. Maybe later when both pathfinding & path following code will be fully working.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:23 am

If you don`t change the waves, then i`ll do more testing today. I suppose this happpens because of different color depth.