Vous avez testé TA3D, venez partager votre expérience
Balthazar

When can be ver.0.2.4. released?

Post by Balthazar » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:19 pm

Well, subj :)

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:32 pm

ver 0.2.4 is not really and won't be ready before we have at least a basic network support. The HPI handler has been rewritten but actual CVS version doesn't build on MINGW32 on windows because of network code. It works on linux but with some bugs : sometimes files in HPI archives aren't detected when we ask the HPI handler to read/decrypt/uncompress it so there are a few bugs like no FX from gafs for weapons, some weapons are missing (some units can't fire). So we still have a lot of work to do.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:51 pm

Take your time, Zuzuf :D We`ll patiently wait "till it`s done" :wink:

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:35 pm

.... it`s some time ago v.0.2.3. was build :) Zuzuf... if not 0.2.4. then maybe v.0.2.3b can be released :) Or maybe release date set? It`s very hard to wait ...

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:05 pm

the fact is that currently it doesn't build on MinGW32 and Cire is working on making it build on msvc. I will try to install msvc too but it will take time since it has to download lots of things.

If you want to test a new version I will send you a new build as soon as I can make it with msvc. Until then I am working on 3D trees (remaking trees in 3do!!)
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:17 pm

Wow! 3d trees sounds nice. Maybe you`ll think also about adding shaders to the TA units models (to allow them to reflect the light (like in Spring)), it will greatly increase the beauty of units.

Yeah, if you (or maybe Cire) can sent me a new release via E-mail, I would be very greatfull.

The project became very and very awesome :)

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:04 pm

Any new info? Or maybe Screenshots? How the multiplayer support going?

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:19 pm

currently I am doing some optimizations and looking for information about TASpring 3D models format (*.3de) in order to see if it's reasonable to use it in TA3D. I wanted to add real 3D trees but with 3do it looks awful:
=>;-D Penguin Powered

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:49 pm

I read a bit of code from Spring, their 3D model format don't suite my needs. I need to use a texture system integrated to the 3D model file, so you can modify it the way you want without affecting the rest of the game, and it would be great to support JPEG textures in that format but with an alpha channel in order to have transparency. I want good looking trees and not only some sort of green triangles.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:22 pm

Well, Zuff, idea about new 3d model format sounds nice, because of original TA engine limitation - it doesn`t support ROUND objects, such as burrels and any round items, so all the TA modellers had to make barrels from some polygons. It could be very nice if TA3D could give an opportunity for modellers to use round objects in models, with auto-detalization algorythms. Well, hope I discribed my thoughts clearly. :roll:

So, new models format - nice idea, but what about multiplayer support? We should release a version with basic multiplayer and pathfinding ability and chosing side "Arm or Core" to spread it over community and make project much more famous than it is now. It`ll allow us to recruit new team members - such as 3D modeller and, maybe, sound creator, more new ideas and feedback. :wink:

What do you think?
Cire - and you?

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:29 pm

It was my post up there :D

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:41 pm

I need to contact Evan for multi-player. There is still hard work there since it's what's making hard to build on windows with msvc 2005. And I don't know much about networking.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:19 pm

Zuzuf, Cire :))) Release, release plz :)))

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:40 pm

ok, ok soon I will release 0.2.4 because we need testing on windows build.

I managed to build TA3D and run it on windows with msvc, I had to do a lot of modifications to the code to prevent the game from crashing, but it might remain a few bugs. Performance is good enough to run the game with thousands of units but it's still too slow to play with so much units.
=>;-D Penguin Powered