Viewpoint bugs

You have tested TA3D, share your experience /
Vous avez testé TA3D, venez partager votre expérience
EvanR

Viewpoint bugs

Post by EvanR » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:45 am

I'm not sure if anyone else is getting this but....
If I set the camera mode to free and try to move around I sometimes get disappearing landscape. This especially happens when I am looking 'backwards' that is, the opposite direction to which you are usually facing. Sometimes just a portion disappears, sometimes the entire landscape is gone.

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:48 am

Well, looks like it`s a common problem based on wish to increase perfomance. All the triangles, outside the camera view are not drawing until they gets in to field of camera view. Sometime the triangles are big enough that one of virticles is outside the camera, then the triangle can became invisible. I think it can be solve by fixing the camera position, because if OTA mapping don`t allow to view thing from north side with good quality, because of original camera angle - 65 deg. (as I remember).
That`s why the texture in north side of all hils are much more small and looks stretched in 3D from north side.

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:09 pm

On which maps do you have the full landscape gone??
I know sometimes there are some blocs which are skipped whereas they shouldn't but I never seen the full landscape being skipped!
=>;-D Penguin Powered

EvanR

Post by EvanR » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:01 am

I was on ashap plateau, but now that I look at it, the entire landscape doesn't disappear. It is only the plateau that disappears. When using free camera mode down in the low lands, this effect doesn't occur.