Win32 support

You have a problem with TA3D, it doesn't run or it crashes...
/
Vous avez un problème avec TA3D, il ne se lance pas ou plante...
Cire

Win32 support

Post by Cire » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:29 pm

For the record, on my game machine I can't get this to work at all, in fact I can't even get it to run on my dev machine, setting compatability modes has no effect.

There is little to no support for instalation as well, you might wana start packaging 2 different releases when you release new builds as well, one with source and another without, and give some install instructions. I'am guessing that you need to place the files into totala dir, but again i'am guessing, doing so immediatly throws a 'falling to initilaizate' error.

If I don't put the files in totala dir, I at least see the opening intro, but the text looks very shitty. My gaming machine has a 2.8 gig duel core duo cpu, with 2 gig ram, and a ati radieon x1500 vid card.

Its not like i'am using shitty hardware here, all drivers are uptodate as well, so that not an issue.

Now I realize that you develop under linux, but you have to release that the majority of users will be under windows. Most will relally care less if they have the source code. From my understanding nearly eveyr windows user I've talked to can't get this to work, this isn't a good thing.

Probably should test fully on serveral different machines to make sure things work under primary developmenet platforms before releasing build. In essence better quality control, you might even wana take some users into a beta testing area and provide to them beta builds, get feed back from them and test a release for a few days or a week or so before publicly releasing it.

Just my thoughts, hope it helps.

++Cire.

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:11 pm

I`ve run it a least on 3 PC under WinXP. No problem. On one of them sometimes was erwors after exiting.
But anyway, it has to be checked.

Cire

Post by Cire » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:24 am

What files are needed, must they be installed into totala root? Does the machine require any further instation of software to make it work?

Please explain the setup and install proccess, as I am not the only one who seems to be having win32 issues.

++Cire.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:35 am

Well, all the installation process quite simple. You extract TA 3D in any NEW folder. After that you have to copy totala1.hpi and any other totala*.hpi from the TA folder or TA CD-ROM.
That`s all :)
And it is better if you have videocard with shaders support.
If there are any troubles - plz. write here.