ugly ugly website

You think of something which could be added to TA3D post here! /
Vous pensez à quelque chose que l'on pourrait ajouter à TA3D, postez ici!
kashif

ugly ugly website

Post by kashif » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:09 am

The color scheme is horrible.... Please make it cooler! :cry:

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:10 am

Instead of just saying it's ugly, could you tell us what color scheme you would prefer??
=>;-D Penguin Powered

EvanR

Post by EvanR » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:49 pm

I like the yellow + dark yellow.

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:51 pm

EvanR

Post by EvanR » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:57 pm

Perhaps it could have blue and dark red in it, you know, like arm and core?

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:50 pm

blue and dark red, yes it could look good. But not only blue (I tested it and it was ugly).
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:28 pm

Balthazar Approves!

And please - change the red text color after the post is read on something more easy to read.

Cire

Post by Cire » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:40 am

Oh I dunno shades of blue can look pretty good, take a look at....
GPServer website, though its designed in asp/asp.net the layout hsould give some ideas. Its one of my late projects to provide a hosting client for any and all RTS clients, Still along ways from completion but thats another story.

Anyhow that site might give you some formating ideas.

++Cire.

EvanR

Post by EvanR » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:27 pm

Yeah this looks pretty cool.

EvanR

Post by EvanR » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:03 am

Hey Cire, tell me about that this universal hosting client. How does it work? Will TA3D work with this client automatically or do we have to do something special?

Cire

Post by Cire » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:57 am

Well the client itself is more or less, a comples chat system that is in a nutty kinda way like iirc, but the client is wrtten to allow developers the ability to write addins or extensions for it.

There are 3 or 4 basic types of addins, the first is really an extension to the client, which would add some functionality to the client, like ummm i dunno maybe a journal keeper, that woudl allow users to keep a journal of whatever they wanted, crap like that.

Now the second type of module is similar but it expands expands the client but requires the registration of special networking id's, normally modules can not send any data over the network, but if registrered you get some special network command id's that allow other users running your client to pick up whatever you transmit via that id and respond to it, so in essence it might allow you to stream a video to another user, live radio, crap like that.

Now the third is the most complex, it acutally requires 2 modules, 1 that resides on the client and the other that resides on the server, This is acutally the game mechanics, and it works kinda like this....

Think of the game area as an irc server, each irc server has various numbers of channels or rooms for people to chat, now each game area also can contain a number of battles or games that are being hosted of that type, that others in that game area can join and play. Now there are a number of events and properties that must reside both in the client and server modules that the client and server will fire. It is then upto your code to respond, as you send data from your game server module to a user, the server automatically appends a 'game id' on the packet, it then goes out to the user, the users client then picks up the packet and looks at the gameid, if its still loaded the gameid is trimmed off, and the data is passed to your game client module and it then can in turn act on it how it sees fit.

So in theory any game could be hosted provided it has the means to launch via some method from an extrenal call, weither it be invoking a direct play lobby, or shelling it, or whatever...

I realize that this sounds complex, but it acutally isn't,frameworks are very simple to work with and allows developers to do simple things, or if they want they can get really complex.

Could it be used to host TA3D, yes and no, lol, don't raise an eyebrow like that :), Yes it can be, but no it can't be for linux users, i never worked on a linux support for the client, though I could provide mechanics of how to do it and we could build a mini client inside TA3D that simply connects directly to the server and embeds the client inside TA3D, but...chat and user list/game list/friend list, ect thats alot of stuff to do in opengl which don't really support text and mouse events like windows gui/xwindows does, so would be quite an endevor to do, but it would be cool if you think about it, our client/game all wrapped together just like how TA was with boneyards :)

++Cire.

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:13 am

Back to the color scheme topic! Zuzuf - change yellow color at least on lightblue!!!

This is lightblue example