TA3D 0.5.0 RC 1

title is self explanatory / le titre est explicite non ?
zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

TA3D 0.5.0 RC 1

Post by zuzuf » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:13 pm

0.5.0 release is planned for Christmas (unless we find some horrible bug to fix ... really I doubt that :P ), that's why this is an RC release. What about it ? it aims to be more stable and no feature will be added before 0.5.0 final (except a new water renderer I am working on ... and may be an option to enable anisotropic texture filtering :) since this may fix/improve things related to texturing on some systems).

So nothing really new here, just fixes, small speed improvements, etc ... this has to be tested in order to fix remaining bugs before 0.5.0 final (concerning ATI related known bugs, this won't be possible before 0.5.0 final because of the need to get rid of Allegro).

This time I didn't make packages for Linux distros ... this is really time consuming, so if someone wants a package, just ask, I'll build it.

Here are the source and win32 packages:
http://www.ta3d.org/ta3d-0-5-0-RC-1-src.7z
http://www.ta3d.org/ta3d-0-5-0-RC-1-win32.7z
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:35 pm

Did you find the cause of error on different systems. On tauniverse people write about several. :D

milipili

Post by milipili » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:16 pm

A disk image for OS X Intel has been generated for the RC1 :
http://ta3d-download.shikami.org/binaries/darwin/intel/
Damien Gerard
Ta3d & Yuni Developer

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:09 pm

Balthazar : I don't know, they'll have to test RC1. Some parts of the code should be more stable, there are more checks for a few things it may help.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Maximum

Crashes :-( -- UPDATED It works, reason for the crash found!

Post by Maximum » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:45 am

Downloaded new version. Deleted all files/folders minus the HPI's in the TA3D directory.

Tried RC1.

"An Error has occured."

It crashes after: *** Good luck Commander - The game has started! *** (Displayed in the command prompt debug window, game window is just black)

All settings are exactly the same as before (had to set them all manually since I deleted the config but loading up my backup of Beta 11 they're the same)

Tried turning GLSL on or off, no difference; still crashes after loading everything and getting to the point where the TA3D screen would popup and show the map / starting commander unit.

*** UPDATE! ***

I've found out why the new version is crashing.

You've moved the Cache directory for the new version, great! Bad thing is no new cache Anims or Objects3D files get created in the directory under the new TA3D/Cache/... So there is nothing for the engine to reference. I imagine its updating them in the old spot but I'm not 100% sure.

The thing is, the new executable is referencing those files that don't exist so even though the game loads fine once you get dropped into the actual game, BZRT; crash.

Simply copying the files from the old Cache location to the Cache directory allows TA3D to work fine. :-)

The loadtimes are even faster now, great for testing.

Any chance the right-click interface might find its way into an upcoming version. ;-)

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:54 am

Same with me :) Looks like it`s really because od cache dir :D

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:28 am

great, I am going to fix that :)
=>;-D Penguin Powered