OS X Build instructions

Everything related to the code /
Tout ce qui touche au code
milipili

OS X Build instructions

Post by milipili » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:03 pm

As requested, we will try to provide a documentation to build TA3D on OS X.

I have updated the documentation, but I have not much time so I can't try on a fresh OS X install. Please try it by yourself and let me know if you have any troubles with it.

http://trac.ta3d.org/browser/trunk/docs ... on.osx.txt

PS : Do not hesitate to use the mailing list or the private messages to notify me about OS X specific issues / wishes / help.
Damien Gerard
Ta3d & Yuni Developer

nemo

Post by nemo » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:58 pm

I tried this procedure today but some macport packages are missing in the instructions, please add 'lua' and 'glew' to the list (at least for trunk they're necessary).

Also you have to make sure that latest XCode is installed (I had to update mine from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2) and that ports are updated with:

Code: Select all

port selfupdate
(to get latest macports version)
and

Code: Select all

port upgrade outdated
(to get all ports in the system updated)

I didn't update Subversion though, I'm not keen on keeping two copies in the system :)

After installing this some compile errors came up but I assume that since the instructions are for trunk that changes are being made all the time so I didn't go any further.

milipili

Post by milipili » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:51 pm

Thanks I've updated the documentation and you should be able to compile now.

If you have some knowledge in programming or in providing bug reports, could you provide some tickets in the trac ? Actually I have not much time for testing and help would be much appreciate :)
Damien Gerard
Ta3d & Yuni Developer

nemo

Post by nemo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:42 pm

milipili wrote:Thanks I've updated the documentation and you should be able to compile now.

If you have some knowledge in programming or in providing bug reports, could you provide some tickets in the trac ? Actually I have not much time for testing and help would be much appreciate :)
Replied via PM in more detail, as I said there I'll help whenever possible.