TA3D perspective :)) yeah yeah yeah :)

Everything related to the code /
Tout ce qui touche au code
Balthazar

TA3D perspective :)) yeah yeah yeah :)

Post by Balthazar » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:38 am

Hi all :)

Zuzuf, I`m still destroying your brain with my request about changing 3D perspective in TA3D.

Yeah, I know it`s a difficult, I know that there are many parts of engine rely on current way of perspective, but I`ve got some easy ways to make a choise.

Could you create a several screenshots with different perspective? They shouldn`t be taken from playable game, just a map with random units (to compare their geometry near the borders of the screen, some buildings would be nice also ^_^).

Current perspective offers too much geometric distortions near the eges of the screen, there should be a better way to handle it. I`d like to see something similar to StarCraft2 or Diablo 3 or Battle Realms and so on. This could also fix the bug with horisontal lines on the terrain, as it seems to me.

Well, what do you think?

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:14 am

hm this isn't so easy, it'll break camera code ... there is only one way to change perspective without breaking the rest : scale the "virtual screen" and increase its distance to the camera position, that way the map should be displayed with the same scale but it may break selection mechanisms as well. Let's say it's not our current priority, maybe later we'll try changing it.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:31 am

Well, we don`t need working selection mechanism or correct camera behaviour. It would be nice just to see difference between different perspective settings in TA3D. Let`s just call it synthetic screenshots ?

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:13 am

Currently I am trying to crosscompile TA3D to build a windows binary for the next test release :P , I'll see perspective later :D
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:16 am

As you like :) I`ll bring this thread up periodically to remind :roll:

P.S. I`m looking through track`s source code fixes, there are plenty of new fixes made in last week, that`s cool ^_^